Remarketing lists play a crucial role in maximizing the effectiveness of PPC campaigns. Instead of targeting a broad audience, remarketing lists enable you to focus their efforts on users who have already shown interest in their products or services or previously bought from you.
As an advertiser/marketer, this target approach allows for more personalized and relevant ad messaging, leading to higher engagement rates and increased conversions. By re-engaging with previous visitors, remarketing lists can help you stay continuously on their radar, and nurture leads through the sales funnel.
But how do you do that? By creating remarketing lists, each curated to a specific audience. Segmentation is going to be our best friend today. I have 11 lists that can boost your PPC performance.
Let’s start digging right away.
List 1: Website Visitors
The target audience for this list is users who have visited your website and performed some sort of activity.
How to Create a Website Visitor List?
- Put a snippet of code or a tracking pixel on your site to collect data about site users and add them to a remarketing list.
- Get a CRM or marketing automation platform integrated with your website so that you can monitor and classify user activity.
- You can divide website visitors into subgroups according to their behavior, such as the pages they saw or the length of time they spent there.
List 2: Cart Abandoners
When customers begin an online purchase but do not follow through by paying for the goods, they are said to have “abandoned their carts.” Both conversion rates and revenue potential take a hit when customers quit their carts. But remarketing to cart abandoners enables you to target these prospective buyers, remind them of their abandoned carts, and recover your lost sales.
How to Create a Cart Abandoners List?
Best Practices for Remarketing to Cart Abandoners
- Timing is crucial. Send timely reminders without annoying your potential buyers.
- Personalized and compelling messaging is vital.
- Streamline the checkout process to minimize friction.
- A/B testing different approaches, creatives, and offers can offer valuable insights into what resonates best with your audience.
List 3: Engaged Users
People who do a lot of looking around and clicking around on a website or brand are called “engaged users.” They may have engaged with the website in many ways, like spending a long time there, viewing multiple pages, or signing up for a newsletter.
Techniques to identify and segment engaged users
To identify and segment engaged users, you can plant various techniques like:
- Setting up website event tracking or conversion tracking allows you to capture specific user activities, such as button clicks or form submissions. You can use it to identify, and segment engaged users.
- Analyzing analytics data collected from a website can reveal insights into user behavior and engagement patterns. Create subgroups of active visitors depending on their activity and behavior.
List 4: Email Subscribers
Subscribers have given a company their email address to receive marketing materials. Email remarketing lists let you send targeted adverts to people who have already expressed interest in receiving your emails. You can re-engage subscribers who initially showed interest but have not converted.
How to Build an Email Subscribers List for PPC Campaigns?
Building an email subscriber list for PPC campaigns requires effective lead generation and opt-in strategies. Here’s how to do it effectively.
- If you want people to sign up for your email list, you must offer them something of value in return. Lead capture forms on landing pages, pop-ups, and gated content are all effective methods.
- Social media ads can bring interested parties to landing pages where they can enter their email address and join your mailing list.
- Maintain a steady stream of helpful emails for subscribers. In this way, you can ensure that your email list of subscribers is active and robust, which is essential for successful remarketing.
List 5: Product Page Visitors
Retargeting website users who have visited particular product pages is an efficient technique to re-engage visitors who have previously expressed interest in particular goods or services. This focused approach raises the likelihood of conversion by encouraging visitors to return to the product pages they previously visited and making a transaction.
Strategies to create and utilize product page visitors list
- Implementing tracking mechanisms to recognize users who have viewed particular product pages is necessary for building and using a list of visitors to a product page. You can do it by integrating the website with analytics or remarketing tools, using cookies, or both.
- Advertisers can utilize the list they have built to segment their remarketing campaigns and serve customized adverts to visitors of different product pages.
- Craft dynamic ads to display the very goods or services users have expressed interest in and realize personalized messaging.
- You can investigate cross-selling or upselling opportunities by remarketing related products to these visitors.
List 6: Past Purchasers
Remarketing to previous customers is essential for companies looking to enhance the effectiveness of their PPC campaigns. You can foster client loyalty, promote repeat business, and even upsell or cross-sell additional goods or services by remarketing to this group. Retargeting previous customers can increase good word-of-mouth referrals while also boosting brand engagement.
How to Create a Remarketing List of Past Purchasers?
- Gathering and arranging customer information from prior transactions is necessary to create a list of past clients. Integrate an e-commerce platform with a customer relationship management (CRM) system or a marketing automation platform to obtain the list.
- The system should track and maintain pertinent consumer data, including email addresses, order histories, and shopping patterns. By combining this data, you can generate a list of previous customers that you can then use for remarketing.
List 7: Cross-Sell Opportunities
Offering customers additional or similar products based on their past purchases is known as cross-selling.
How to Create a Cross-Sell Opportunities List for Remarketing?
- You must evaluate and classify customer data based on previous purchase behavior to develop a list of cross-sell opportunities.
- You can put together products that are commonly purchased or have a high association by noticing trends in consumer purchase histories.
List 8: High-Value Customers
Remarketing to high-value clients is a tactical move to increase the return on investment from PPC campaigns. High-value clients bring in much money or have a high lifetime worth for a company. You can concentrate your remarketing efforts on clients that have the potential to make significant purchases or enter into long-term relationships by identifying and targeting this demographic.
How to Segment and Nurture High-Value Customers List?
- For effective remarketing, you must segment the high-value customer list. Analyzing customer information like purchase history, order value, frequency of purchases, or membership in loyalty programs might help with this. This will help you deliver highly relevant and individualized content.
- Exceptional customer service, tailored communications, and memorable incentives or benefits are all part of nurturing high-value clients.
- Maintaining contact with this audience is critical. Give them access to helpful information, regular updates on new goods and services, and chances to voice their opinions. You may encourage loyalty, improve customer retention, and maximize the lifetime worth of your valuable customers by taking the time to get to know them.
List 9: Inactive Users
Remarketing is a valuable tool for reviving interest in inactive users and bringing back potential consumers who have exhibited a fall in engagement. You can rekindle consumers’ interest, entice them to visit the website, and turn them back into active clients by sending targeted adverts their way.
Strategies to Create an Inactive Users List
- Identifying and segmenting people not recently engaged with the system is necessary to create an inactive user list.
- Set criteria like a time limit for inactivity, like six months or a year, or keep track of specific acts, such as failing to make a purchase or accessing the website within a specified amount of time.
- Once you establish the requirements, you can create a list of inactive users using various tracking tools and analytics platforms.
List 10: Demographic Segments
You can adapt your marketing efforts to target parts of your audience based on different demographic criteria such as age, gender, location, income level, occupation, and interests.
How to Collect and Use Demographic Data in PPC Campaigns?
- Adding demographic form fields to lead capture forms or checkout.
- Leveraging analytics programs and ad networks that offer demographic information based on user interactions and behavior.
- Once you gather the information, you can make segmented remarketing lists for each demographic group to use in PPC campaigns.
- The effectiveness of the campaigns can then be increased by tailoring the ad content, language, and offers to appeal precisely to each category.
List 11: Similar Audiences
Using the effective technique of similar audience remarketing, you can club consumers with similar buyer personas and curate personalized communication for them accordingly.
How to Create and Utilize Similar Audience Lists?
- Utilizing data analysis tools and advertising platforms that allow for the generation of similar audiences is necessary to create and use similar audience lists. These platforms employ machine learning algorithms to find user trends and commonalities, such as demographics, purchasing histories, and surfing habits.
- After preparing the remarketing list, establish targeted remarketing campaigns to reach and interact with these new audiences. You may improve the efficacy of their efforts and draw in more clients by adjusting your messaging and offers to the traits and interests of the target audience.
There are a lot of ways to boost PPC conversions. But when you follow a systematic approach, your returns will improve significantly. Learning to create and leverage remarketing lists is one such tactic that will help you amplify the performance of your PPC campaigns. We hope this article helps you in that endeavor.